Box of Rain

Site Security: Please read

Home Forums Late for Supper Site Security: Please read

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    room204

Hi gang,
    We would like to add a little password protection to the site. Nothing too drastic, but something more than we’ve got.

Starting on April 15, 2020, you will need to enter a password to visit the site. The magic word is eephour.

Nameless

Thank you, friend. I feel more secure already!

room204
    Keymaster

maybe people can reply that they’ve read it (even anonymously) so that we can be sure that the bulk of visitors will be able to come back after April 15?

Rat

Eep….

A 3072-bit Nonny Moose

Cryptical Envelopment is a good idea.

Ozymandias
    Keymaster

1 person has contacted me by phone so he has the PW. I don’t know what name he uses, but thats 1 who can get in.

Anymouse

Thank you!

Ozymandias
    Keymaster

@A 3072-bit Nonny Moose:
    Cryptical Envelopment can be guessed due to social engineering by a deadicated Head with only the first three letters and one cap. eephour can be guessed with only two or three (and that might be a good thing), so, yes, better but only marginally. This isn’t the NSA.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by Ozymandias.
    DeadNZ

Yep, read and understood!

Epsteins Mother

Schwing!

Mr. Kotter

Well this is, An Odd Little Place.

A Plain Spoken Nonny Moose

(i just saw the reply)

Sorry, I didn’t mean that “Cryptical Envelopment” should be the actual password. Rather, that using a password for the site was a good idea: Cryptical (use some kind of encryption, which includes passwords) Envelopment (wrap up the site). Looks like I was being a little to… cryptic. And thanks for not being the NSA.

Ozymandias
    Keymaster

Yeah, the real reason it is what it is is that it’s short and sweet and easily remembered. Tho I’d guess that many visitors return time and time again for what they find here and so that fosters a good memory. And the fact that it follows Spidergawd in the gorgeous sequence.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by Ozymandias.
    camphor

New to the site after invite by ozy. Love the place, lots of stuff I’ve been seeking for a while and a nice vibe. Glad to be here, I’ll send some stuff to ozy for UL consideration.

aikowolf

I dont think its a security issue really but I’ve had leeches from Beijing and the Republic of Georgia on a couple of my torrents the last few days.

I dont know if they’re using spidergawd per se, or finding the torrents through a dht search engine

https://btdig.com/4bedd95ebd595348c523da3868acf355e3f5522b/beatles

I’m certain from the name of the info text this was the one I upped a couple days back.

I don’t know if there’s a good way to mask the torrents without going to a lot of hassel changing all file names to so.ething very benign and uninteresting sounding.

Just some rambling thoughts on a snowy Denver day.

• This reply was modified 8 months, 2 weeks ago by aikowolf.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.